Saturday, August 15, 2009

Week in Review

The problem with not having a lot of time for posting is that when I DO get a chance to post, I have to choose what to record, and what to leave out. I'm terrible at making decisions, so instead of narrowing things down, I made a collage of photos from our busy week. It was a great one!
We started off the week with a visit from Charles, Laura, and Ella. In the middle of the week, Ruby went to a friend's fancy birthday party, and talked me into buying her a princess dress. Then, Warren, Becky, Kenna, and Kylie came to see us. We've been so lucky to have family come to us this summer, because we haven't gone anywhere. :) Also happening this week: Ruby got her hair cut, Bentley had his 2nd grade reading evaluation (where he says he was asked to read "baby words" like "corporation"), the kids had a picnic, Milo rolled over (from front to back and back to front on the same day!), Jonah fought the sprinkler (and won), and Maxwell and I tried unsuccessfully to find Wolverine party supplies in town (we've switched to a Bakugan theme). School starts this Thursday, and although I'd been dreading it, I've had a change of attitude, thanks to the discovery of this blog. I'm no longer mentally moping about the early mornings, scheduled days, homework, and children at school so long each day.
I'm just grateful I'm here with John and all of our wild kids to get to do these things.

5 comments:

Mindy H. said...

I'm glad that you not only survived, but ENJOYED your busy week. I love Ruby's dress, but she is always a pretty, pretty princess no matter what she wears. I will have to call you to get more details on Jonah's sprinkeler conquest. And I am happy to hear that you have accepted and embraced the start of school. Here's hoping this week is a good one too.

Lorin and Janice said...

Surprisingly I am sad about school starting too. It's funny my sister has a son who wanted a Wolverine party and she didn't know what she was going to do either. I wonder what she came up with. I will have to ask.

Ginger said...

Isn't it sad about the Thrifty Chick? I feel so sad for her family.
As for Miss Ruby, it sounds like she has had a very exciting week, and I'm wondering just how hard she had to try to talk you into buying her a princess dress? :-)

The Queen said...

Oh my goodness. That is so sad. And with a baby so young, too! That poor father is in for a rough ride. Her blog looks great, though. Wish we could have seen you this summer!!

Kar said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that poor young mother died. So quickly. You're right. We're just lucky to be here. I can't imagine how hard it will be for her husband and kids to carry on without her. :(