photo by Judy
A few years ago, Leslie started a Name Game "meme,"
asking the question, "What did you name your kids, and why?"
I played along, answering the question for our first
three kids, and speculating on our 4th child's name.
(I was pregnant with Ruby at the time.)
I've been meaning to add the "story" behind Milo's name
and since today is his 3 month birthday, it seemed as
good of a day as any to continue the "meme."
There isn't much of a story to his first name,
it's one that I stumbled across when I was expecting Ruby.
At the time, John didn't like it, so it was shelved.
This time around, he was willing to consider the name.
That was lucky, because before I was too far along, I had my
heart set on "Milo" for this baby's name.
Milo's middle name, Fisher, is a family name.
My Dad's maternal Grandfather is John Floyd Fisher.
Here's a photo of my parents on their wedding day,
along with my Great Grandpa and Grandma Fisher.
Grandpa Fisher lived a couple of blocks from my parents' house,so I was blessed to spend a good amount of time with him.
He passed away on Easter Sunday, 1997.
I'm so glad to pass on a part of him to Milo.
If you've never played this name game,
consider yourself tagged.
I like hearing name stories as much as I like birth stories,
so I hope somebody plays along. :)
Here are a few other name game links -
Leslie
Carla
Ginger
Stephanie
Judy

5 comments:
i had fun reading my own post after all this time. i'm glad you continued the "meme" and linked around! i think milo fisher is a perfect name. he looks like such a cutie. :)
The more time I spend with Milo, the more I notice how well his name suits him. And as for the Grandpa Great-Fish connection, Milo has a similar sweet smile and quiet voice (when he isn't screaming bloodly murder in the middle of the night, that is). I'm sure Grandpa is pleased, and Milo will be a lucky guy if he inherits some of the Fisher qualities along with the name.
I'll just play here, not on my blog because our reasons are boring: We liked the first names, so that is why we chose them, and I wanted to honor our parents so we gave each kids a middle name of the grandparents' first name. Clear as mud? Luckily HF blessed us with two boys and two girls. Now there are no more grandparents to name after, so I guess we are done having kids! :-)
Jenny, this is such a fun "meme." I'll have to put it on my blog. I liked hearing about Milo's name, and I actually read your older post with the history behind the other names. I didn't know that Ruby was an old family name! And may I reiterate how beautiful your mom is, inside and out. I love when you share she and Homely's engagement and wedding pictures. I'm nostalgic like that.
That is such a sweet picture of Milo. I'm glad you posted the story of his name.
Post a Comment