Sunday, October 05, 2008

A New Champion


Tomorrow our family will quietly pass a milestone.
Ruby will be 21 months, 3 weeks old, and she
will set a new R* Family record for being "The Baby."
This record has been held by her brother, Bentley,
for the last five years. His reign as "The Baby"
lasted 21 months, 2 weeks - making him "The Baby"
for the longest amount of time, so far.
Bentley narrowly retained the title after Jonah was
unseated as "The Baby" when Ruby was born
21 months and 3 days after Jonah's birth.
Our sweet Maxwell's reign was the shortest by far.
He was "The Baby" for only 18 months, 2 weeks.
(although he didn't seem to mind - he's in such a hurry to be BIG)
We congratulate Ruby on her accomplishment,
and hope she enjoys being the baby while it lasts.
What she does not yet understand is that plans are
already underway to remove her from her throne.
In April, she will hand the title of "The Baby"
over to a younger brother or sister.
It remains to be seen whether her excitement over A BABY
(she really likes babies)
will overcome her anxiety about sharing her mother's lap,
her father's attention, and her brothers' adoration.

22 comments:

The Queen said...

lol, she's so cute. Congrats Ruby! :)

Lara said...

Congratulations! How fun.

Laura said...

She is so cute! Congratulations! I am so excited that we will have kids around the same age! I hope that your feeling alright. :)

anjie said...

Hooray!!!!!!!! congrats, Jenny!

Funny picture.

Erin said...

um really!!! you were suppose to wait for me! How exciting i hope everything is well and you are hanging in there. We need to plan a day date with ruby and cher!

Kar said...

Hey!!!! Congratulations! That is fantastic news!

Mindy H. said...

Congrats! I'm excited to have yet another niblet to chase around. Try to take it easy the next few weeks...let Max doing the cooking and have Jonah do the laundry. I'm sure they will be happy to chip in! :)

Allie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Congrats on the news! Fun way to announce it too. ;)

Carla said...

We're hoping for another girl! :) But boys are nice, also....

ash said...

Man, I used to be one of the first to know!

Congratulations Jenny! That is so awesome!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! And that picture of Ruby is very cute. I hope she enjoys her last months as the baby. Even if she doesn't really understand what is going to happen.

Brooke said...

Congratulations to your family! What a fun way to announce. I hope you are feeling well.

Crystal said...

Congratulations Jenny!! That is so exciting. WOW!! Number 5! That's a whole lot of kids. So good luck is in order too!! :)

Shylo said...

Very fun, congrats! I am sure Ruby will make a great big sister.

Nat said...

YAY!! Congrats!

Abbys Attick said...

How wonderful! Mommy enjoy these last moments with Rubs as baby. I am so thrilled for you!

The Tolman Family said...

Jen,

We are so excited for you. Just for fun they have a cute count down on daisypath.com for your new baby. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

The Tolmans

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is so exciting. Congratulations Jenny! How are you feeling?

Lanna said...

Congratulations on the terrific news! I am thrilled for you guys!

Leslie said...

that's so wonderful, jenny! congrats to all of you!! hope you're feeling okay.

Kristen said...

Wow! congratulations! You are incredible.

Elizabeth said...

Hahahahah I agree with Mindy! Put those kids to WORK!