Monday, November 19, 2012

Baby #6 - boy or girl?

Today we had the ultrasound for baby #6.
I had a really difficult time deciding whether or
not to try to find out the gender. Ruby REALLY wants
a sister, and that ultimately helped me make a decision.
The tech was able to tell us the baby's gender, and at
 FHE tonight, the kids opened a little gift with some clues.
Impatient older siblings. 
They weren't happy to have had to wait all day.
And the clues:
The boys guessed right away, but Ruby held out hope
that all the blue actually meant she was getting a sister.
She tried hard to be tough, but was very, very sad.
There is another brother on the way,
and as far as the ultrasound tech could tell,
everything looks okay.
Profile shot, and one of the hands, arms, lips, and nose.
Hopefully, 20 weeks will be long enough for everyone
(especially our girl) to adjust to the idea of another boy.
We are so glad and grateful to have another sweet little one.

8 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Combats! You and John are very good at raising boys. And I 'm sure Ruby will love the little guy...and being the one and only princess in the family.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I hope Ruby gets used to the idea. I'm glad everything looked okay.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I sure hope Ruby adjusts to the idea, but I'm sure she'll fall in love with him! Being the only princess can have it's perks, I'm sure if it, right!?! Lol... Tell her you understand your out numbered too :)

stephanie said...

sorry for ruby, but happy for you! you make handsome boys.

The Queen said...

He looks just like you! :) hehe

Crazy Lees said...

That is wonderdul and a little heart breaking for sweet Ruby! But, a Ruby is a precious jewel...you only need one=) Congrats

Carla said...

"...hands, arms, liops and nose".
What? those items do NOT a boy make. I want to see some proof positive!

Ginger said...

So exciting!! But tell poor Ruby we are sorry! :-)