Thursday, April 26, 2012

His Number

Greg's longtime favorite number is 22,
and this week he celebrated his 22nd birthday.
We even had his party on the 22nd, although that
isn't his actual birthDAY. He couldn't think of anything
specific for his meal or cake, so I talked to our Mom
who pulled through for me. She said he likes chicken
and oreo milkshakes. I made Pioneer Woman's Ranch Chicken,
and for dessert we tried this no-bake oreo cheesecake.
Unfortunately, my springform pan was busted, but
a little duct-tape and a lot of tinfoil solved the problem (for now).
We had an early dinner/celebration so that Mikey could
begin his drive to Idaho so prepare for his wedding.
We also said goodbye (for the summer) to Greg's
friend, Kristina, who is going home till the fall.
Ruby is really sad to have her Barbie playing buddy gone.
A little whooping on his nephews after dinner
completed Greg's birthday party.
We're so glad he's at BYU and that we get to spend
time with him. Happy Birthday little brother.

note: Greg and Mikey make weird faces on purpose in almost every photo.
 I didn't have a better option for most of them. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday Greg! I can't believe Mikey's wedding is almost here.

Mindy H. said...

I am so glad that your sweet family takes such great care of Greggie.

*Note: Mikey and Greg were born with weird faces and ,with a father named Homely, it shouldn't really have come as a shock to anyone. But it is very charitable to try to attribute it to a choice on their part.

Kari said...

hahaha, for a second I thought he likes chicken and oreo milkshakes. Not Chicken....and Oreo Milkshakes. For a second I was thinking, what the yuck!?! Happy Birthday to him.